Quality solutions (QS) Deploys their vast fleet of high speed laser scanners, capturing up to one million points per second, to deliver individual “spheres” of data. Each individual scan is a high resolution “laser-point” depiction of all line-of-sight objects. Ideal for quickly capturing highly accurate and detailed as-built conditions of historical structures and buildings, point clouds of scanned surfaces to create 3D models used in building restoration or historic preservation plans and software system authored by HI-CAD called DIMES (Data Integrated Management Engineering System). These as-built high definition 3D data sets produce a virtual plant / facility environment that can be integrated directly with CAD systems (AutoCAD, Micro Station, CAD Works, Auto Plant, Smart Plant 3D, AutoCAD Revit, PDS, PDMS) to interrogate and clash check against new Design Models. Elevations, measurements, coordinates, pipe diameters, and high definition photos can be extracted with the click of a mouse. Engineering groups can design directly within this data to ensure the elimination of clashes and interferences. This is opposed to the conventional alternative of relying on existing drawings that are typically not up to date.
Key benefits of this service include:
- With the laser scanner you capture everything you need in detail
- Conserving artistic and historical heritage with the FARO Laser Scanner Focus3D
- Documentation in the restoration of historic buildings
- In the course of 3D documentation with the FARO laser scanner, the cause of the observed damage became clear
- A useful tool to obtain graphic outputs with high accuracy and navigable and measurable 3D model of surface
- Laser scanner survey has been very important for speed of study of structure geometry both for amount of data and for available measures.