Plant Designing Industry
Quality solutions (QS) Deploys their vast fleet of high speed laser scanners, capturing up to one million points per second, to deliver individual “spheres” of data. Each individual scan is a high resolution “laser-point” depiction of all line-of-sight objects. These not only document as-built conditions but enable operators to quickly and easily inspect measure and align every part of a gas rig or oil refinery in order to meet the industry’s strict safety and quality standards and software system authored by HI-CAD called DIMES (Data Integrated Management Engineering System). These as-built high definition 3D data sets produce a virtual plant / facility environment that can be integrated directly with CAD systems (AutoCAD, Micro Station, CAD Works, Auto Plant, Smart Plant 3D, AutoCAD Revit, PDS, PDMS) to interrogate and clash check against new Design Models. Elevations, measurements, coordinates, pipe diameters, and high definition photos can be extracted with the click of a mouse. Engineering groups can design directly within this data to ensure the elimination of clashes and interferences. This is opposed to the conventional alternative of relying on existing drawings that are typically not up to date.
Key benefits of this service include:
- Simple to compare project and as-built data during the construction and inspection process.
- Availability of digital data on current conditions throughout the structure’s life-cycle.
- Improved planning and scheduling to precise and reliable data.
- Reduction of errors that may be generated by traditional measurement methods.
- Reduction of project risks in time-sensitive situations.
- Optimized collaboration between project partners to online documentation sharing.
- Remote plant management and maintenance drastically reduce time spent on on-site inspections.
- Increase in productivity and reduction of costs by limiting changes on the field.
- Plant compliance with safety regulations.
- Project risk reduction when site access is hazardous or expensive, or in time-sensitive situations.