WHY CHOOSE 3D SCANNING?
In principle, the laser scanner works by sending an infrared laser beam into a rotating mirror that deflects the laser beam around the environment being scanned. Whether you require a model for BIM or PDMS our experienced team based in the Middle East and Singapore will solve it.
3D scanning resolves the concern of remote and hazardous nature of platforms requiring zero downtime and equipment compatible with all work environments. FARO 3D scanner certifications include EN certification for safety of electrical, laser and EMC compatibility.
Offshore and Marine Design and Engineering
- Finite element analysis of structures to meet the classification society rules ABS, DNV, BV, LR, IRS, and engineering construction codes like AISC, API-RP2a, API 2C, IMO, AWS, CAP-437, ICAO and SOLAS.
- Finite element analysis for both in-place and vessel motion cases.
- Analysis and design of offshore platform including jacket, topside and accommodation module etc.
- Jackup rig and Ship conversion and modifications.
- Fatigue analysis.
- Modifications of existing structure for the new arrangements.
- General arrangement and As-built preparation.
- Offshore / Onshore survey.
- Landing craft design and analysis.
- Lifting analysis.
- Seafastening and grillage design.
- Installation aids.
- Piping engineering and design drafting.
- Pipe stress analysis.
- P&ID preparation.
- Material specifications and equipment selection.
- General arrangement, Isometric, spool creation and material take off.
- Electrical engineering and design drafting.
- Instrumentation engineering and design drafting.
- Single line diagram preparation.
Mechanical and HVAC
- Perform engineering design calculations and provide technical solutions for mechanical and HVAC system.
- Duct sizing calculation.
- Review vendor quotations, vendor drawings and client documents.
- Prepare test procedures for systems.
Naval Architecture Services
Quality Solutions heavily involved in naval architecture services from concept design, conversion, small craft and barges.
Our core activities such as:
- New stability booklet preparation and updating existing booklet.
- Mooring and towing analysis.
- Loading conditions and Preload / Ballasting procedures.
- Longitudinal strength.
- Tonnage and freeboard calculation.
- Dead weight survey and inclining experiments.
- Load line calculations.
- Life saving Appliance (SLA) and Fire Fighting Arrangement (FFA).
- Complete outfitting drawings for the Living quarters.
Services and Spare Supply To Oil and Gas Field.
Oil and gas field equipment services and spare supply.
- Equipment modification and Upgrade (specialist in HPU and Koomey Unit)
- Overhaul services and testing.
- Installation, commissioning and maintenance.
- Spare part supply, both new and refurbished.
- Retrofitting, Revamp and Modification.
- Repair, Refurbishment and Replacement.
- Land and offshore drilling rig rotary equipment inspection and overhaul.
- Mud system and Land cramp construction and refurbishment.
Custom Design Packages
Quality Solutions offer custom design class approved design packages for the below items:
- Mud Systems
- Cement Silos
- Batch Mixer
- Cement Unit
- Air receiver tank
- Class approved Offshore and freight Containers
- Cargo basket, man basket and drill pipe basket.
- Accommodation Module
- Loose tanks
- Aluminium Helideck
- Customized size of marine doors
- Customized size of marine windows
- Deck hatches
- Man hole cover
BIM 3D SCANNING SERVICES
Quality Solutions has been recognized as an industry leader in 3D modeling, BIM and performing coordination and conflict resolution duties on difficult projects. To further our leadership position in the industry we have purchased a 3D scanning system. We will use this capability to assist in shop drawing preparation, as-built documentation and scanning services for owners, architects, engineers and contractors.
Effective planning is critically important to architects, engineers and contractors in any type of construction project. 3D documentation at every stage, from initial design to final inspection, can help avoid costly design changes and construction conflicts. The capability of this scanning system includes a range from and individual room, simple building construction, to complex industrial renovations and documenting historical structures or other existing conditions.
We believe this forward looking approach will keep Quality Solutions at the front of the pack.
BIM Modeling Using 3D Laser Scanning Services
Laser scanning is an ideal technology for Building Information Modeling (BIM) due to its efficiency, accuracy, and level of detail. Laser scanning accurately documents as-built conditions and proves to be invaluable in facility asset management and modifications. Laser scanning can also be used for reality capture and augmented reality in many aspects of architecture, construction and engineering.
TruePoint has earned a national reputation for delivering excellent service in the BIM 3d scanning industry. More than 800 projects are completed every year on time and on budget. Experienced scan technicians collect millions of precise data points for a building or site with industry-leading survey-grade Leica equipment. TruePoint engineers, architects and CAD Designers/Technicians have mastered the technology for converting 3D laser scanner point clouds into Building Information Modeling (BIM) —ready 3D models to support the planning and design needs of any project. Having precise data helps plan for projects without the expense and worry of unknown interference and conflicts.
- Point Cloud Data (Raw Data)
- 2D CAD Drawings
- 3D Non-Intelligent Models
- 3D BIM Models
- TruView – Free viewer with photos overlaid on point cloud
- Aerial Photogrammetry
- Comparative Analysis
- Deformation Analysis
- Digital Drawings of GPR Markings
- Floor Flatness Analysis/Contour Mapping
- New Construction Accuracy Analysis/Comparative Analysis
- Point Cloud Modeling Training Webinars
- Reconciliation of Clients 2D Design Drawings
- Reconciliation of Clients 3D Design Model
- Structural Steel Shape Probability Analysis
- Template Modeling
- Volume Calculations
- Wall Plumb Analysis
TruePoint Has Provided 3D Laser Scanning Services for Many Clients
- Asset Managers
- Electrical Engineers
- Facility Owners
- Historical Preservationists
- Mechanical Engineers
- Project Managers
- Plumbing Engineers
- Structural Engineers
- 3D Gamers and Software Developers
TruePoint Has Provided 3D Laser Scanning Services for Many Industries
- Architectural and Historical Documentation
- Chemical and Petrochemical Plants
- Commercial Sites
- Health Care
- Industrial Facilities
- Manufacturing and Assembly Facilities
- Office Buildings
- Overhead Clearances
- Process Plants
- Power Plants
- Residential Sites
- Schools and Universities
- Stadiums, Arenas and Theatres
- Space and Aeronautics
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- 3D Gaming and Software Development
Some Benefits of Using BIM Include
- Being able to more accurately determine job costing, scheduling and building efficiencies
- Design and pre-construction modeling for visualization purposes, as well as determining potential problems before costly design or construction has taken place (i.e. clash detection)
- Interoperability amongst all disciplines involved in the building and management of a facility can be updated in real-time
- Ability to have highly accurate “as-builts” for facility management, future modifications and troubleshooting
- Facility management to operate and maintain a facility efficiently and cost-effectively
BIM enables architects and engineers alike to work on a single project from anywhere in the world. It condenses a plethora of information about every detail into a workable format. It makes for easier design, simpler coordination between team members and easier structure maintenance across the entire built environment—and this is just the beginning.
Reverse Engineering & 3D Measurement Inspection Services
Quality Solutions (QS) can help you to meet the challenge in RE & QC inspection, we’ve seen a lot of applicability when it comes to the reverse engineering process. Oftentimes, a request comes in when a client’s old machine finally wears down. They are unable to replace broken parts because the manufacturer has long gone out of business.
In this case, they required our services to measure the broken part. We extrapolate the part using CAD to digitally “heal” it and create a model or blueprint. They can then take these design documents and fabricate brand new parts. Through rapid prototyping or traditional CNC machining, a broken machine has new life.
Others have used our services to improve an already working design. Clients have taken advantage of the downtime in their shops by focusing on optimization. They would spend the time to analyze the shop floor, running production lines in slow motion and opening maintenance panels. When they decide that they can improve their process through optimizing a machine, they come to us.
Using reverse engineering techniques through CMMs and scanners, we provide the high-resolution data that best represents the part. By using this data, our clients are able to make the slight tweaks to either form, fit, or function; with the end result being a much more efficient machine.
Quality Solutions, possess Great Skill on Reverse Engineering , reverse engineering has become a viable method to create a 3D virtual model of an existing physical part for use in 3D CAD, CAM, CAE or other software. The reverse-engineering process involves measuring an object and then reconstructing it as a 3D model. The physical object can be measured using 3D scanning technologies like Metrology portable CMMs With the help of laser scanner HD LLP Infused with POLYWORKS Metrological Suite with Accuracy Upto +/- 60 Microns.
The measured data alone, usually represented as a point cloud, lacks topological information and is therefore often processed and modeled into a more usable format such as a triangular-faced mesh, a set of NURBS surfaces, or a CAD model Using GEOMAGIC DESIGN X.
Reverse engineering is also used by businesses to bring existing physical geometry into digital product development environments, to make a digital 3D record of their own products, or to assess competitors’ products. It is used to analyses, for instance, how a product works, what it does, and what components it consists of, estimate costs, and identify potential patent infringement, etc.
Value engineering is a related activity also used by businesses. It involves de-constructing and analyzing products, but the objective is to find opportunities for cost cutting.
Key benefits of this service include:
- Higher accuracy on complex surface vs hand measuring
- Faster process compared to traditional methods
- Replicate existing geometry quickly and inexpensively
- Replicate parts that have no tooling or CAD data
- Accuracy of ±25µm (±001in)
- Scan rate is 560,000 points per second
- Reliable, repeatable and highly accurate measurement data is delivered with confidence as a result of superior optical performance
- Rapid scanning speed increase coverage and reduce scanning time.