Calibrate Machines For In-Spec Parts
Good parts and reduced downtime
Out-of-tolerance parts are often the result of a poorly calibrated machine. With properly calibrated machines, part production is optimized and downtime reduced. Properly calibrated machines produce conforming parts and allow you to minimize the costs of scrap and rework.
Short setup time to identify errors
Quick checks of machine calibration using portable CMMs from FARO, allow operators to perform full volumetric accuracy tests with minimal setup time and to quickly identify calibration errors.
Industries such as automotive, aerospace and shipbuilding have adopted 3D portable metrology solutions from FARO for re-calibration of machines, tools, molds, dies, jigs and templates.
Application Video: Machine Calibration
FARO’s portable 3D measurement solutions allow quick, flexible and accurate calibration of machines in production which helps reduce downtime and ensures that part production is optimized and effective.
FARO offers the world’s best-selling measurement arm
The FaroArm is a portable CMM that allows manufacturers easy verification of product quality by performing 3D inspections, tool certifications, CAD comparison, dimensional analysis and more. The FARO Edge is the most advanced, state-of-the-art FaroArm ever produced.
- 1.8m to 3.7m (6 ft. to 12 ft.) spherical working volume
- Repeatability from 0.024mm (0.0009 in.) to 0.064mm (0.0025in.)
- Built-in touchscreen computer for laptop-free basic measurements
- Smart Sensor Technology – Warn against excessive loads, correct for thermal variations, detect setup problems
FARO provides a competitive all-in-one metrology solution with the ScanArm
The FARO ScanArm combines all of the advantages of the FaroArm with a hand held laser scanner (Laser Line Probe) and is the perfect contact/non-contact measurement system. Unlike other scanning systems, the ScanArm’s hard probe and the Laser Line Probe can digitize interchangeably without having to remove either component. Users can accurately measure prismatic features with the hard probe, then laser scan sections requiring larger volumes of data — all in one simple tool.
- Scan rate – 280 frames/sec, 280fps x 2,000 points/line = 560,000 points/sec
- High Dynamic Range Mode and advanced software algorithms to scan challenging materials
- LED Rangefinder functionality which provides real-time scanning feedback
- Blue laser technology delivers improved scanning results with higher resolution
FARO Laser Tracker
Advanced, accurate, versatile and portable laser trackers
The FARO VantageS and VantageE Laser Trackers are high-performance, high-value Laser Trackers which maximize productivity and reduce inspection cycle times by up to 75% . These Laser Trackers set the standard in workflow productivity management for large-scale metrology applications by offering mobile device control, exceptional portability, battery operation, ruggedness, and high accuracy.
- VantageS: 160m (525 ft.) spherical working volume
- VantageE: 50m (164 ft.) spherical working volume
- Accuracy up to 0.015mm (0.0006 in.)* [*Typical angle measurement performance at 2m]
- Hot swappable batteries that eliminate the need for AC power and cabling
FARO Cobalt Array Imager
Unlimited Multi-Imager Scanning Configurations
The FARO Cobalt Array Imager is a metrology-grade non-contact scanner which captures millions of high-resolution 3D coordinate measurements in seconds. It is equipped with dedicated on-board processors and a smart sensor that allows multi-array configurations.
- 5MP model – for most applications
- 9MP model – improves resolution and the ability to capture features on edges and surfaces
- Interchangeable lens with 250mm and 500mm field of view
- Accuracy up to 0.027mm for 250mm lens and 0.050mm for 500mm lens
Fast, easy and accurate portable CMM
The FARO Gage measuring arm is an accurate 3D gauge for small parts and is an industry leader in portable CMMs. It is inexpensive, offers high accuracy levels, improves measurement consistency, reduces inspection time and generates automatic reports.
- 1.2m (4 ft.) spherical working volume – Ideal for small parts, molds and assemblies
- Accuracy of 0.018mm (0.0007 in.)
- Temperature & Overload Sensors – Notifications of thermal variations and improper handling
- Universal 3.5” Quick Mount – Offers ‘mount-it-to-where-you-make-it’ convenience
FARO CAM2® Measure 10
Your complete 3D measurement software
FARO CAM2 Measure 10 is a metrology software suite designed for users who are seeking
powerful solutions that enable fast and efficient 3D measurement with unbeatable simplicity.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) – Simplified analysis and visual reporting
- Simultaneous Measurement – Connect multiple devices within the same coordinate system
- Automated Repeat Inspections – allows jobs to be completed quickly and confidently
- Remote Measurement – run commands, change scanning modes and see results in real-time
FARO CAM2® SmartInspect
The first portable measurement software
FARO CAM2 SmartInspect is the perfect software for any FARO Laser Tracker, Arm and Gage users
who are looking for non-CAD based inspection. It can run on Microsoft Windows™ based
mobile devices, making it the first portable metrology software.
- Live, On-Screen 3D View of Measurements – Live graphical view for interactive measurement
- On-Screen Dimensioning – Users can interact directly with the graphical view
- Touch-Capable Use – The software runs on Microsoft Windows™ based PCs or Touchpads
- Mobile Device – Move the device during the measurement process and measure from different positions
BuildIT Software & Solutions
Your Product, Your Process, Your Solution
BuildIT delivers the industry’s leading 3D software solution for alignment, inspection and build applications
in large-volume metrology as well as configurable in-process metrology.
- Highly configurable and flexible – Streamline your workflows and processes
- Advanced automation capabilities through user friendly interface with no coding required
- Powerful GD&T Analysis capabilities for full model-based workflows
- Hardware Agnostic Interface – Fully compatible with 3rd-party measurement devices