Quality Solutions manifest a great skill on Reverse Engineering , reverse engineering has become a viable method to create a 3D virtual model of an existing physical part for use in 3D CAD, CAM, CAE or other software. The reverse-engineering process involves measuring an object and then reconstructing it as a 3D model. The physical object can be measured using 3D scanning technologies like Metrology portable CMMs With the help of laser scanner HD LLP Infused with POLYWORKS Metrological Suite with Accuracy Upto +/- 60 Microns.
The measured data alone, usually represented as a point cloud, lacks topological information and is therefore often processed and modeled into a more usable format such as a triangular-faced mesh, a set of NURBS surfaces, or a CAD model Using GEOMAGIC DESIGN X.
Reverse engineering is also used by businesses to bring existing physical geometry into digital product development environments, to make a digital 3D record of their own products, or to assess competitors’ products. It is used to analyses, for instance, how a product works, what it does, and what components it consists of, estimate costs, and identify potential patent infringement, etc.
Value engineering is a related activity also used by businesses. It involves de-constructing and analyzing products, but the objective is to find opportunities for cost cutting.
Key benefits of this service include:
- Higher accuracy on complex surface vs hand measuring
- Faster process compared to traditional methods
- Replicate existing geometry quickly and inexpensively
- Replicate parts that have no tooling or CAD data
- Accuracy of ±25µm (±001in)
- Scan rate is 560,000 points per second
- Reliable, repeatable and highly accurate measurement data is delivered with confidence as a result of superior optical performance
- Rapid scanning speed increase coverage and reduce scanning time.
Quality Solutions Performance provides product development & engineering services including but not limited to the following.
– Product Engineering
– Engineering Services
– Engineering Consulting
– Product Development
– Product Design
– Motorsport Engineering & Design
– Concept Generation
– Reverse Engineering & Geometric Data